New patients are welcome!
During your first visit with us, you will fill out a medical and dental history. A patient’s medical history is a vital part of his/her dental history and increases the dentist’s awareness of diseases and medication which might interfere with the patient’s dental treatment. We have to know about allergies, sensitivity to anaesthetics, long-term medications, etc.
Conducting a comprehensive examination and a periodontal evaluation, taking necessary x-rays and intra-oral pictures enable us to evaluate the bone and teeth structure and soft tissue surrounding your teeth.
After gathering all of the necessary information, your treatment plan will be reviewed with you. Depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, dental cleaning can be completed at this first visit.
What WE DONT DO:
- Sell treatments. We Discuss the patient’s problems first, then present treatment as solutions to those problems.
- Speak in dental terms.
- Tell patients that they require treatment that is entirely cosmetic or elective.
- Present complex care in a hurry.
- Talk for a really long time.
- Go into unnecessary detail.
- Introduce a barrier to treatment that doesn’t exist.
- Use condescending words.
- Meet in an unfriendly room.
- Charge a consultation fee.